Groove to local talent, feel inspired, check out JAM Festival this weekend

Sharlene Celeskey, Contemporary Culture Editor, Puma Press

Swirling bright Day-Glo colors will hypnotize you, kaleidoscopic confetti will assault you, and beach balls will beg you to throw them back into the crowd. These are some of the things you will experience at the upcoming JAM Festival that will be held at Alice Cooperstown at 5pm on Sept. 24, 2016. Former PVCC student JAM is headlining and plans to create a night of joy and entertainment with a psychedelic theme that is both current and updated. Proceeds from the event will be used to fund the recording of his upcoming album.

Immediately, the colors of the event poster, designed by JAM, pop right off the page and quickly evoke images of early southern California artists like the Doors, Love, the Byrds and Iron Butterfly. Maybe JAM who toured this summer in southern California picked up the psychedelic vibe there. He certainly had the chance to evoke the ghosts of rocker past when he played the most famous California club of the ’60s, the Whiskey a Go Go. This former Alice Cooper’s Proof in the Pudding winner (for his role as the bassist in Analog Outlaws) is also a successful product of Alice Cooper’s Solid Rock center. JAM has hosted several eventful concerts at Alice Cooperstown in recent months, one being a tribute concert for the late local songstress Keli May Rutledge in March. JAM wants to expose Phoenix to other new upcoming talent and will feature four other bands at his Happening. Each band will provide a wide-range of variety to the festival with their personal style of music.

First on the bill is the highly energetic soloist and accomplished guitarist Evan Berg. Then The Sink or Swim will turn it up several notches as they rock out their set with reckless abandonment. Vintage Wednesday will take you back to the late ’60s and ’70s as they put their own modern spin on classic rock. Phoenix favorites Fairy Bones will mesmerize you with their abstract garage band rock and powerful vocals. What can the audience expect from JAM. He said, “As a conscious performer, I will bring a message of positivity to audience.” This talented upbeat songwriter will close the festival and make you feel good about supporting local talent.

You can purchase tickets using the Bravo app and pay only $10, and you will receive a free download of JAM’s upcoming album when released. Tickets will also be available at the door day of the show for $15. More festival information can be found at:

https://www.facebook.com/events/313558968993477/

https://twitter.com/JAM__NOW?lang=en

https://www.instagram.com/jam_now/?hl=en