Grand Canyon features a variety of locations to visit this fall

Carolyn Cuevas, Travel Editor, Puma Press

The Grand Canyon is one of the many wonderful places Arizona has to offer. Now is one of the coolest times of the year, both figuratively and literally, to stop by and explore the Grand Canyon; the temperatures are pleasant and the crowds are small, which allows for plenty of space on the tour buses.

Depending on the person you are and the activities you enjoy doing, the Grand Canyon likely has you covered. Check out its official website and book your reservations and excursions near either the West Rim, East Rim, South Rim or North Rim.

East Rim: The East Rim is located in Page, Arizona. It’s a less touristy place compared to the other rims. Even though this specific rim is less crowded, it has breathtaking attractions to visit like Antelope Canyon, Mountain Sheep, Lake Powell, Horseshoe Bend and part of the Colorado River.

West Rim: The West Rim attracts about 700,000 tourists each year. It has become highly popular ever since the March 2007 grand opening of the Skywalk. Besides the famous Skywalk, there is also Eagle Point, Guano Point and Hualapai Ranch and Cabin. The best time of the year to visit Grand Canyon’s West Rim is late fall through spring, their website states.

South Rim: The South Rim is the most visited part of the Grand Canyon. It has many more activities to do than at any other rim. There’s access to hike the Mather’s Point, Yavapai Point and camp at the Mather Campground, Trailer Village and Desert View Campground. The campgrounds are usually open from spring to fall, depending which campground you visit.

North Rim: If you’re a first time visitor at the Grand Canyon, then consider stopping by the North Rim first; you get to experience a more peaceful environment with only 10 percent of all Grand Canyon visitors stopping by this rim. The North Rim is only open from May 15 through Oct. 15, so take advantage of the timing and visit Point Imperial and Cape Royal Canyons.