Pumpkin Spice and Chile Mocha are back to spice up the fall

Carolyn Cuevas, Travel Editor, Puma Press

Pumpkin Spice Latte, or PSL as it is known by its fans, was first sold in September 2003 when Peter Dukes and his team discovered and later introduced it to the market; the beverage eventually became its best-selling seasonal drink compared to other coffee beverages.

The seasonal PSL is made with real pumpkin, cinnamon, clove, ginger and nutmeg. It’s easily enjoyed as a Frappuccino, too. PSL can be found throughout the country–not only at Starbucks–with McDonald’s, Dunkin’ Donuts and other fast food restaurants offering their own versions.

Even though the Pumpkin Spice Latte has a strong, sweet and spicy flavor, it can be enjoyed while relaxing, without worrying about the energy given by its espresso.

Another fall favorite spicing up chocolate flavors in iced or hot coffee drinks is the Chile Mocha. Starbucks began selling the drink at the same time as the Pumpkin Spice Latte.

According to Starbucks.com, Champurrade, a thick Mexican hot chocolate, is the main inspiration to create the Chile Mocha. It includes ancho and cayenne chili peppers with cinnamon, paprika and sea salt. This coffee beverage can also be enjoyed as a Frappuccino or hot chocolate.

The Pumpkin Spice and Chile Mocha Latte are available for everyone to enjoy while the season lasts. If you’re a Starbucks coffee addict in general, then you must give the seasonal drinks a taste and allow their spices to sharpen the start of your day with their icy, hot and savory tastes.