Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park gives fans racing experience

Carolyn Cuevas, Travel Editor, Puma Press

“Go Hard or Go Home” is posted under the title of Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park (WHPMP) on their site. If you desperately have a desire for speed more than 120mph on the road, then book an appointment on the Wild Horse Pass homepage for an event or fan-like activities to participate in all sorts of races.

According to Motorsport Park, “fans flock to the 600-acre multi-use facility to watch unbridled raw horsepower, from 300-mph nitro burning dragsters, to monster trucks, off-road races, drag boats” and anything else that’s capable of racing incredibly fast on ground. Besides offering a world-class racing facility for motorsports, Coca-Cola, Ford and other well-known companies enjoy being a part of the Motorsports events and allowing their titles to get more recognition.

Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park has been around for quite some time giving Arizona the motorsport reputation it had been missing; for the past 32 years WHPMP has been generously allowing fans to experience the races themselves by riding with a professional driver in their dream car for only $100. Every so often, WHPMP offers free car ride giveaways to lucky winners who sign up on their site. They only need personal information for a win of a customized car ride.

It’s an outstanding experience for everyone to be a part of whether you race or sit on the bleachers watching the action. An event is held every other day at the Motorsports Park depending on the date you wish to visit, so visit their site to book your tickets; they start at $20 per adult and are free for children 12 and under, depending on the event.

“I’ve always loved cars and watching them race; it’s quite amusing and my kids love it too,” says Micheal Foster, a race car fanatic.

According to Foster, what attracts him the most are imported, “tuned” cars with strong engines that allow these specific sport cars to be able to go fast and burn their tires as they drift.

WHPMP is located on 20000 S Maricopa Rd, Chandler, Arizona, and is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. For questions about events or tickets, call (520)796-5601.